Live a little
"Live a little". A few words with substantial meaning. We tend to forget to live, we end up only surviving. Talking on experience, I always thought living was staying in, on my phone scrolling on Instagram, liking and commenting on other people's lives. Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing anyone who does that, but I came to realize that life's more than that. I wasted a lot of my time without realizing. Lost my time comparing myself with the different personalities I came across on social media, I ended up being jealous, depressed and ungrateful. It gave me temporary happiness but long term depression. I wanted the lives of the few people I saw on media platforms, the want intensified. I randomly got angry at myself, seeing my age groups succeeding before me. Seeing random people buying their parents houses, cars, taking them to luxury islands for the holidays. I became a bitter man. If only I had realized how lucky I was. I had every reason to be grateful, but I chose the definition of happiness portrayed on Social media. Happiness is in your mind.
The statement "Live a little" doesn't actually insinuate that you live a little, it actually means the opposite. The term came to being as a reminder especially to our generation, that we should not forget to live, experience and savor the moments we get to have. Make as much memories as you can, whether its with family, friends, classmates or even on your own. Travel, get to see new places, explore, meet new people and acquaintances, try new foods and delicacies, make your own bucket list of things you want to do and do them. Live to the fullest is what the term means. People go to concerts and record the entire performance just for their grams and Snapchat, instead of actually living the moment. Its not wrong to record but I would have preferred if I would just experience every minute of it, jump and sing along to the songs and just enjoy the moment. During this harsh and difficult period brought on by the ongoing pandemic, I came to realize how short life can actually be, and to be alive to write this post is an actual blessing. These kinds of situations make me more grateful. I would have wanted a few people I personally know to see this post, give me their personal feedback and advice, but sadly, they are no longer around. It hurts, but as they say, "don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened." I'm grateful that I've met plenty of wonderful people during my lifetime and i'm still lucky enough to be meeting even more. We shouldn't take life for granted, make the most of it, "Live a little Love a lot" the statement says. Do not let the shadows of your past darken the doorstep of your future. Learn to forgive and forget.
When it comes to making friends and acquaintances, surround yourself with people that push you to do better. Less drama and negativity, just goals and motivation. Learn to have big dreams, you will grow into them. And oh, the last thing......you need to have three hobbies:
- one to keep you creative
- one to keep you in shape
- one to make you money
My Brother, Keep this Solid Spirit Alive, "We have alot on daily basis" but we dont know how to live a young, free and Productive life, actually we have to prepare for the future, by living the best of our present life. Temporary happiness and permanent depression, This is what we have to deal with , What i believe is we wont loose, Let's live in faith an let's keep Moving💪
ReplyDeleteVery well said. Every once in a while unplug from social media, and get to connect to real people and with nature. Go for walks, read a book, go for a swim or any other exercise you prefer. Your health (both physical and mental) is very important, especially in the light of this current pandemic. So to sum up... what he said ... live a little...
ReplyDelete